iPhone Video in the Hands of a Pro
I simply must share this delightful video and post by mobile journalism practitioner and trainer Glen Mulcahy.
Filmed and edited entirely on iPhone and iPad this short video really shows off the high-quality output that is achievable from iPhone video with the right accessories and workflow.
Of course, while I tend to get excited about the technology and the tools here it’s very easy to forget the critical role of the film-maker. Hand over a top quality camera and software to somebody who doesn’t have a story to tell nor know how to tell it and the result will very likely be uninteresting, no matter how technically steady or clear the picture and sound are.
The message is that the technology itself ultimately should be transparent to the viewer; these tools are there only to help realise and deliver the story-teller’s vision.
That said Glen Mulcahy, a Production Development Manager and Trainer for RTÉ in Ireland, is very much an expert in story-telling too and the work he does within the Mobile Journalism community to develop and share new workflows and technologies is inspired.
If this field of work interests you I urge you to check out Glen’s Mulcahy’s blog for his video and mobile journalism technology news and thoughts.
- Super Cuts: iPhone X and Galaxy Note 8 Launch Highlights
- Live from Mojocon 2017: How mobile powered RTÉ’s pop-up multi-camera TV studio in Galway, Ireland
- Speech Recognition – Rip Off Britain: Live
- IFA and Apple with International Business Times UK
- Mobile Journalism and the UK General Election
- iCloud Celebrity Photo Hack and Apple Watch on Good Morning Britain
- Planet of the Apps on Challenge TV
- Unboxing the Apple iPhone 5s
- Gadget Show Live 2013
- Androidography explored on CNET UK