BBC Rip Off Britain Pops Up in Liverpool
This weekend I’ve been with the BBC One Rip Off Britain team in Liverpool giving consumer advice and top tips in the show’s pop up shop.
As a technology and communications expert for the show I get asked a lot of questions throughout the year about mobile phones, landlines and the internet.
A common theme for many viewers in this year’s pop up shop has been how to deal with nuisance calls; there were also complaints about call charges to 118 directory services numbers, particularly when they offer to connect the call on your behalf.
In a new item for the show I gave a workshop on top tips for using your mobile phone while abroad: Gloria Hunniford and I took to the streets of Liverpool to show how, with a little planning, everybody can safely roam with their phones while avoid a nasty bill shock when they return home.
Season 5 of Rip Off Britain is due to broadcast on BBC One during daytimes in September.
- BBC Newsround: UK Contact Tracing App
- BBC The One Show: Avoid the Broadband Blues
- BBC Newsround: How to Stay Safe in Video Chats
- BBC Money Box Live: Video Game Loot Boxes and Addiction
- Deliveroo Scams on The One Show
- Attack of the Facebook Clones: BBC Rip Off Britain
- The Photography Show TV 2019
- Robotics, AI and Blockchain: 4 Years from Now at MWC Barcelona
- Fake News: Bitcoin Scams and Cryptocurrency Get-Rich-Quick Schemes
- Live-streaming from Photokina 2018 with Canon