Rip Off Britain Holidays
For the last two series of BBC One’s Consumer Affairs show Rip Off Britain I’ve appeared as the Telecoms and Technology Expert primarily offering hints and advice to the millions of mobile phone users in the UK.
This week sees the second season of its successful spin-off show, Rip Off Britain: Holidays, and once again I’m delighted to be on hand to help.
With Britain in the grip of one of the wettest and windiest winters in a generation our thoughts naturally turn to an escape abroad to warmer and sunnier climes.
However, in an increasingly connected society, among the challenges of travelling abroad is how safely to use your mobile phone without getting a nasty surprise from an unexpectedly large bill upon your return home – so-called ‘bill shock’.
This is just a short iPlayer excerpt from a longer item, to see the full shows visit the Rip Off Britain website.
The BBC has also published a downloadable guide featuring my handy hints for taking your mobile abroad which you can download here.
Rip Off Britain: Holidays broadcasts on BBC One at 11am each day from Monday 6th to Friday 10th January 2014, repeated the following weekday on BBC Two at 7am.
- Fake News: Bitcoin Scams and Cryptocurrency Get-Rich-Quick Schemes
- Fakebook: How to Spot Fake Facebook Adverts – BBC Rip Off Britain: Live
- BBC Rip Off Britain Season 10
- BBC Watchdog: Nectar Card Fraud
- AI and the Rise of the Machines: Children’s Global Media Summit
- BBC Rip Off Britain: Keyless Car Crime
- BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips
- Healthy Habits with Smartphones and Tablets – The One Show
- First look: Nintendo Switch
- BBC Watchdog: Jumping through Deliveroo security holes