BBC Rip Off Britain – Season 6
The BBC Rip Off Britain Pop Up Shop opened its doors at the Dudley Merry Hill shopping centre in June and once again I was behind the counter serving up healthy slices of consumer advice on all things technology and telecoms.
Roaming or using your mobile phone abroad was a recurring theme this year as was dealing with nuisance phone calls – in fact I’ve been investigating nuisance call blocker technology for another of this season’s episodes. Among the other items I’ve shot for this series include a film on safe online shopping and another uncovering the ingenuity of online advertising.
This year in Dudley also I ran two public workshops for the show: one on everyday mobile security and safety, revealing how public Wi-Fi hotspots might not be as safe as they seem, and another on how a lock screen passcode still isn’t enough to stop you getting stung if your smartphone gets lost or stolen.
The new series of Rip Off Britain airs on BBC One in September 2014, beginning on Monday the 15th September at 9.15am.
- AI and the Rise of the Machines: Children’s Global Media Summit
- Paris Motor Show with Autocar: SEAT Ateca X-Perience first look and more
- BBC Rip Off Britain: Keyless Car Crime
- BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips
- Sexy Cybersecurity: The Smashing Security Podcast
- Healthy Habits with Smartphones and Tablets – The One Show
- Tech TV at London Tech Week 2017
- Live from Mojocon 2017: How mobile powered RTÉ’s pop-up multi-camera TV studio in Galway, Ireland
- Facebook Live from The Photography Show
- Alexa: How to secure my Amazon Echo?