What Britain buys? Dashcams.
The convergence of car tech and consumer tech is something I’ve spoken and written about in the past, so when Channel 4 asked if I’d explain more to Mary Portas in her new show What Britain Buys I was only too happy to oblige.
Mary was particularly intrigued by the emergence of the dashcam as the must-have in-car accessory for 2016. That said, she was somewhat preoccupied with what happens when the camera faces into the car rather than out front – mercifully our own carpool karaoke didn’t make it into the final cut.
As I wrote in The Metro recently, dashboard-mounted cameras are quickly becoming a must-have accessory for safety-aware, litigation-conscious drivers. Dashcams record video in the event of a bump or prang (or even a malicious key-scrape) with some insurers offering owners lower premiums to counter so-called ‘crash for cash’ and ‘flash for cash‘ scams.
What Britain Buys with Mary Portas is produced by Sundog Pictures for Channel 4.
- Hosting TV Industry Awards in Cannes
- Wi-Fi Router Workout with Channel 4 Supershoppers
- BBC Rip Off Britain Season 10
- MWC 2018 with Mobile World Live TV
- Super Cuts: iPhone X and Galaxy Note 8 Launch Highlights
- Flashy Tech in Metro: Li-Fi
- BBC Rip Off Britain: Keyless Car Crime
- Where Emerging Technology and Business IT Intersect
- BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips
- Healthy Habits with Smartphones and Tablets – The One Show