BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips
David McClelland joins the BBC X-Ray team for a photography summer special.
As regular visitors here may know, I’m a photography nut. Naturally, I was very excited to be asked to be part of the BBC One Wales X-Ray Summer Special on how to make the most of your camera. I was pleased too that a primetime TV show had dedicated its slot to talk about photos – after all, with smartphones in almost every pocket now, snapping photos is something that many of us do all the time.
On a blustery afternoon in late-spring, I arrived by train into the picturesque Welsh coastal town of Aberystwyth. Heading first for the seafront, and then to the Arts Centre, I spoke with presenter Lucy Owen about all manner of issues that might arise when taking pictures and sharing them online — even how to back them up:
The show also looks at how to take better pictures with your smartphone, how to get great footage while safely flying a drone, and how the National Library of Wales preserves its priceless collection of photos.
UK licence fee payers can watch the whole BBC One Wales X-Ray episode on BBC iPlayer.
- CBBC Newsround: NHS Contact Tracing App Latest
- BBC Newsround: UK Contact Tracing App
- BBC The One Show: Avoid the Broadband Blues
- BBC Newsround: How to Stay Safe in Video Chats
- Metro: Is There a Gadget Doctor in the House?
- BBC Money Box Live: Video Game Loot Boxes and Addiction
- Deliveroo Scams on The One Show
- Attack of the Facebook Clones: BBC Rip Off Britain
- Smashing Security: UK Porn Passports
- The Photography Show TV 2019