Healthy Habits with Smartphones and Tablets – The One Show
This week I appeared on BBC1’s The One Show sharing advice on how parents can help their children to develop healthy habits when using smartphones and tablets.
I’m a dad, and like most parents, I feel as if I’m making it up as I go along – which, of course, I am. How I introduce my children to technology is no exception.
Understanding a little about how children develop, what their needs are at different ages, and how easily influenced they are by adults around them, can all help make sure that children – and their parents – have a happy relationship with gadgets.
Technology offers amazing opportunities but, for me, the old adage that ‘too much of a good thing is a bad thing’ stands as true with smartphones and tablets as it does with anything else.
The One Show is on BBC1 at 7pm most evenings, viewers in the UK with a television licence can watch here.
- BBC Rip Off Britain: Keyless Car Crime
- Metro – Vinyl Revival
- Where Emerging Technology and Business IT Intersect
- BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips
- Sexy Cybersecurity: The Smashing Security Podcast
- Frackulous: a Technology Podcast for Humans
- Tech TV at London Tech Week 2017
- Live from Mojocon 2017: How mobile powered RTÉ’s pop-up multi-camera TV studio in Galway, Ireland
- Fantastic Visual Effects and Where to Find Them
- Alexa: How to secure my Amazon Echo?