Healthy Habits with Smartphones and Tablets – The One Show
This week I appeared on BBC1’s The One Show sharing advice on how parents can help their children to develop healthy habits when using smartphones and tablets.
I’m a dad, and like most parents, I feel as if I’m making it up as I go along – which, of course, I am. How I introduce my children to technology is no exception.
Understanding a little about how children develop, what their needs are at different ages, and how easily influenced they are by adults around them, can all help make sure that children – and their parents – have a happy relationship with gadgets.
Technology offers amazing opportunities but, for me, the old adage that ‘too much of a good thing is a bad thing’ stands as true with smartphones and tablets as it does with anything else.
The One Show is on BBC1 at 7pm most evenings, viewers in the UK with a television licence can watch here.
- Hosting TV Industry Awards in Cannes
- Fake News: Bitcoin Scams and Cryptocurrency Get-Rich-Quick Schemes
- Fakebook: How to Spot Fake Facebook Adverts – BBC Rip Off Britain: Live
- Wi-Fi Router Workout with Channel 4 Supershoppers
- BBC Rip Off Britain Season 10
- London Tech Week 2018: Where 5G, AI and Blockchain Converge
- BBC Watchdog: Nectar Card Fraud
- MWC 2018 with Mobile World Live TV
- AI and the Rise of the Machines: Children’s Global Media Summit
- Super Cuts: iPhone X and Galaxy Note 8 Launch Highlights