Live-streaming from Photokina 2018 with Canon
Photokina is the most eagerly anticipated event in the calendar for photography professionals and enthusiasts.
This year I’m privileged to be a guest of Canon, hosting its social media live-streams and interviewing some of the best-known photographers, photojournalists and filmmakers in the world.
It’s also an opportunity to get some hands-on time with amazing new kit — such as the EOS R camera — before it officially launches.
Expedition photographer Ulla Lohmann is a new hero of mine, and it was a thrill to interview her — and her 3-month old son — about her work. A force of Mother Nature, Ulla descends into volcanoes for a living and explores untrodden environments to uncover the stories that reveal the beating heart of our planet.
Of course, Photokina isn’t just about photography, it’s a major platform for video too. I also spoke with Danish videographer Nicolai Brix about his transition from photojournalist to filmmaker, and the importance of storytelling in both.
Canon Ambassador, Nicolai Brix, joins us live from photokina to discuss his latest projects and how he's telling stories using video
Posted by Canon EMEA Pro on Friday, 28 September 2018
Watch more of the live streams on demand here on the Canon EMEA Pro page on Facebook.
- The Photography Show TV 2019
- Robotics, AI and Blockchain: 4 Years from Now at MWC Barcelona
- New Scientist Live 2018
- BBC Rip Off Britain Season 10
- AI and the Rise of the Machines: Children’s Global Media Summit
- Super Cuts: iPhone X and Galaxy Note 8 Launch Highlights
- Paris Motor Show with Autocar: SEAT Ateca X-Perience first look and more
- BBC Rip Off Britain: Keyless Car Crime
- Where Emerging Technology and Business IT Intersect
- BBC X-Ray Summer Special – Photography Tips