BBC Newsround: How to Stay Safe in Video Chats
If you’re parent, you’ll know how much your children are missing their friends at the moment.
Video chat apps like Zoom, Houseparty and Facetime are a great way for children to keep in touch with their schoolmates – but sometimes things can go wrong.
Here’s a piece I filmed with BBC Newsround to help children and their parents learn how to stay safe when using group video chat apps.
A dedicated page on the website features these video group chat tips and some further online safety resources. It also includes a chat with my daughter about how she is keeping in touch with school friends while school is closed.
Newsround is something of an institution here in the UK. For many of us as we were growing up the John Craven-hosted daily show was our main window on the world.
As a parent now, I’ve once again found Newsround to be an invaluable resource, providing my children with just the right balance of information, reassurance and distraction when things outside are so confusing. The Newsround website is also filled with uplifting, informative and topical stories, and has helped us to talk about some big world topics as a family.
- Metro: Is There a Gadget Doctor in the House?
- BBC Money Box Live: Video Game Loot Boxes and Addiction
- Deliveroo Scams on The One Show
- Attack of the Facebook Clones: BBC Rip Off Britain
- Smashing Security: UK Porn Passports
- The Photography Show TV 2019
- Robotics, AI and Blockchain: 4 Years from Now at MWC Barcelona
- Hosting TV Industry Awards in Cannes
- Fake News: Bitcoin Scams and Cryptocurrency Get-Rich-Quick Schemes
- Live-streaming from Photokina 2018 with Canon