CBBC Newsround: NHS Contact Tracing App Latest
What role can technology play in helping to fight coronavirus? I’ve been keeping a close eye on the potential for smartphones to help contact tracing programmes become faster and more accurate.
While some national health authorities have raced to deploy contact tracing apps for their citizens’ smartphones, here in the UK it’s been a bumpy ride – as I wrote earlier in the summer.
Reporting for BBC Newsround, I gave an update on what happened to the NHS COVID-19 app in England, as well as how other home nations chose to move with their own apps.
Since this report, Apple and Google have pushed ahead with plans to integrate contact tracing right into their smartphones. Exposure Notifications Express means that a dedicated app may no longer be necessary to enable contact tracing.
- BBC Newsround: UK Contact Tracing App
- BBC The One Show: Avoid the Broadband Blues
- BBC Newsround: How to Stay Safe in Video Chats
- Metro: Is There a Gadget Doctor in the House?
- BBC Money Box Live: Video Game Loot Boxes and Addiction
- Deliveroo Scams on The One Show
- Attack of the Facebook Clones: BBC Rip Off Britain
- Smashing Security: UK Porn Passports
- The Photography Show TV 2019
- Robotics, AI and Blockchain: 4 Years from Now at MWC Barcelona